Call for a quote today! (415) 555-5555
Capt. Ken Henry, AMS, IIMS, IAAI
Marine Surveyor and Consultant
Whether you are in the planning stage or have a boat with commercial status and need to make modifications, we can help in the process of getting USCG approval on plans, materials, and passenger rating.
1) Create drawings to submit to USCG vessel inspection office and work with officer in charge to obtain written approval.
2) Make modifications and upgrades on commercial vessels and submit to USCG for written approval.
3) Contacting contractors to make modifications and/or repairs and obtaining estimates.
4) Obtain written approval for materials from USCG and
5) Consultation on building vessel for commercial use.
6) Perform stability test for passenger rating.
7) Perform monthly inspections on new construction
In June, renovations began on Wellwood, formerly Lively II. The structures and deck were removed and new decking was laid. The pontoons were pressure tested and repaired as needed. Seating, steering console, and bimini were custom built for Wellwood. A Tiki bar and bathroom facility were added. Wellwood is handicapped accessible. Wellwood is a commercially inspected vessel for 15 passengers. This water taxi operates on the Northeast River.